Responder's 1NT to an opening major is a 1-round force.
Playing 2over1, the bid can have as many as 12- points, and can show a
variety of hands. Opener rebids his suit with 6+, or shows a 2nd suit (4+
hearts, or 3+ minors). He jumps to the next level with these shapes and 18+
Responder second bid.
- If opener has shown 18+, it is GF so no problem.
- New suit at the lowest level is weak and shows a long
- Openers majorsuit at the lowest level show 6-9 and no
more than 3 card support.
- 2NT is (10)11-12 HCP and a balanced hand.
- Jump in new suit is long suit and invitational.
- raise to 3 in openers sidesuit is invitational. Show 5
card support if minor.
- 3 i openers major suit is invitational.