Biddingquest forum
December 13, 2017, 07:42:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BQ version 1.2.5
http://www.biddingquest.com/

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Little list of bugs :)  (Read 11867 times)
ahri

« on: May 15, 2007, 01:11:40 AM »

Sometimes when bidding the interface colours my bid cyan too.
Bids with commnt are marked cyan. During the bidding you should see in color only your and opponents bidding. When bidding is finished all bids with comments are marked cyan.

The list is unsorted when you bid many sets.

"Set 1
Set 10
Set 11
Set 2
.."
Sets are text, so they are sorted as text. Maybe all numbers should have leading zero e.g. Set 01. I'll think about it.

Some illogical scoring/bidding
I'll open new topic. These problems are mistakes in entered board and not in program.
Set 5 board 2, how can we get bad score for 3D, max scoring being "3SX by NS". We never had a chance to double 3S?
Set 3 board 6, 1NT pass 2C 2H is alerted and explained as weak two. It is very strange if that is intended.
Set 4 board 7, it's quite illogical that 2DX is max score when it's quite "normal" to bid 2S over 1NT. But this could go at Scoring part of forum. Also on same board after bidding: 1NT 2S p 3C p p p, west's pass is coloured with cyan.I must check (bug)

I'll fix that
While chatting, both players see only their partner's name written in front of every message, making it incredibly hard to read. Put "to X" and "from X" or "X>", "X<" or simply bold own messages.

Todi

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 06:26:56 AM by todi » Logged
ahri

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 01:47:07 PM »

No need to edit my post Smiley.
Also, set 7 board 1.

Bidding: 1H pass 2C 2S* pass 2S

North had bid 2S, alerted it as "natural", and then south had bid 2S too.

ahri

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 02:12:44 PM »

Also, on some board i pressed 5C and the system had read that as pass Smiley
todi
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 09:53:47 PM »

Set 5 board 2, how can we get bad score for 3D, max scoring being "3SX by NS". We never had a chance to double 3S?
Bug (thx), fixed.

Set 3 board 6, 1NT pass 2C 2H is alerted and explained as weak two. It is very strange if that is intended.
It is explained as natural, not as weak two. But even if it was explained as weak two, you should assume that it can be very weak overcall.

Set 4 board 7, it's quite illogical that 2DX is max score when it's quite "normal" to bid 2S over 1NT. But this could go at Scoring part of forum. Also on same board after bidding: 1NT 2S p 3C p p p, west's pass is coloured with cyan.
Please put this to scoring part of forum so Woody will have something to do.

Also, set 7 board 1.
Bidding: 1H pass 2C 2S* pass 2S
North had bid 2S, alerted it as "natural", and then south had bid 2S too.
Bug (thx again), fixed

Also, on some board i pressed 5C and the system had read that as pass
Sure  Grin Try that on tournament
ahri

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 03:41:59 AM »

Maybe you fixed the boards/system now, but our score didn't update. Will it ever, or? Smiley
todi
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 07:00:58 AM »

If score is missing or wrong, boards will be rescored - this will be standard feature of BQ.
Boards with "bad" bidding will remain as they are - we are talking about beta version  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: